Sydney, Australia – 1st May, 2020
It is with great pleasure that we welcome Jay Fortenberry to our Strategic Advisory Board! Jay is in internationally recognized supply chain professional with decades of experience in all facets of logistics, SIOP (sales, inventory and operations planning), and mergers and acquisitions. Jay is also one of the world’s few experts on the cash-to-cash cycle.
Some of Jay’s notable achievements:
- Used cash conversion metrics to reduce the inventory of a major company by $200M and identify $5.5M of logistics cost savings at another.
- Designed a global network for manufacturing and service capable of delivering to any location in the world within a 48-hour period; produce $30M in savings over 24-months
- Introduced daily flows from Asia that reduced cycle time by 14 days, producing $400,000 a month in working capital savings
- Operated a global network with 86 distribution facilities serving 164 countries; delivering to retail, distributors, e-commerce (B2C), OEM and projects-based customers
- Integrated 65 acquisitions via standard transitions process, saving more than $25M
Currently residing in Portland, Oregon, Jay will shortly move back to Vietnam, where he lectures and teaches with RMIT. Jay is passionate about the role of effective re-skilling and re-training; providing critical knowledge and innovation to practitioners that manage Vietnam’s exponentially growing manufacturing sector.