Opportunity for a passionate Product and UX designer to join an exciting and funded scale up in the heart of Sydney‘s CBD to help build next-generation technology to provide visibility and transparency to modern day supply chains.
Verifai is building a suite of new products and is innovating across custom designed hardware sensor suites paired with a connected cloud data platform to gather data and provide a new level of security and insight to protect and monitor global maritime trading routes. The applications for this are broad and impactful, directly reducing food waste, counterfeit pharmaceuticals, illicit trade, and increasing safety, sustainability, and border security.
As product / UX researcher, you will be mandated to help design all user-facing aspects of the product, including a suite of mobile and web applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify key problem statements, uncover critical assumptions, and highlight key risks for the product
- Work with key stakeholders and potential customers to identify “Voice of the Customer” insights
- Conduct user research and user interview activities across key stakeholders
- Build prototypes that help test these assumptions
- Gather requirements for our hardware product suite
- Record customer research and translate journey maps for key processes
- Ideate and distill and prioritise key requirements for the Verifai product suite
- Oversee and implement the design of an optimised user experience for the product
- Design and build wireframes and prototypes for our data products and user-facing mobile and web applications
You’ll be joining a great team, with impressive credentials, a sensitivity for outstanding design and pragmatic product thinking.
We are looking for:
- Solid grounding in user-centred design processes and lean start-up methodology
- Someone who can think holistic across the product suite and can work both within a user-centred product context and how that would benefit in a commercial and business context
- A problem solver, who knows how to deconstruct a problem from first principles
- A solid portfolio and over 5 years + experience working with products
- A great understanding of digital products and how to design putting the user first
- An understanding of how to prioritise product features into a focused roadmap
- Experience working in a tech start-up / scale up environment
- Beneficial to have worked on similar data products or hardware products in the past
- Beneficial to have domain knowledge of supply chain, logistics, or shipping and maritime trade
What we offer:
- A competitive day rate
- Ability to have real influence in the early stages of the product build
- Work alongside a collaborative and experienced team
- Work on a product with global reach
Initial 12 week contract, with potential to progress to a full-time role.
We look forward to receiving your application through the adjacent form.